- This event has passed.
Break it Down(Dog)- the series
September 14 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Have you ever wondered how to move your body to go deeper into a pose, decrease pain, or overcome limitations?
Break it Down(Dog) is a workshop that combines the Art of mindful touch with a deeper understanding of the asana and how to modify it for yourself and the public. In short, it is for those curious souls who want to explore their asana practice in great detail.
This workshop is for you if you are looking to strengthen your practice and/or gain tools to assist others.
In this workshop students will :
- Discover fundamental principles of alignment and learn to observe the body.
- Take variations of asana to explore, easy to apply strategies that prevent common Yoga injuries.
- Discover how to refine the asana in your practice and correct them with peers, to better understand the dynamics of the pose and find freedom in your own body.
- Learn therapeutic touch in resting poses, and mindfully assists to adjust/assist peers in the pose, so the student can sense more clearly the verbal cues.
- Learn to use props when needed
♦️ Everyone is welcome! Yoga teachers, as well as students, are encouraged to join! No prerequisites are mandatory.
♦️ For questions contact Rossi@ email@example.com
Week 1 Standing + Forward Extensions
Week 2 Seated + Twisted + Binds
Week 3 Inversions + Standing Balance
Week 4 Abdominal/Core + Backward extensions